Destination Basingstoke is an independent, not-for-profit company working with businesses and other partners to promote Basingstoke and the surrounding area for its quality of life and quality of business.
We aim to give the area the clear, positive, national profile it deserves - as a vibrant, ambitious location, achieved through a range of projects and events.
Destination Basingstoke is a not-for-profit, limited company. The ten board members have been selected for their wide professional skills and experience and, just as importantly, their commitment and enthusiasm for Basingstoke as a successful business location. Our board members come from all sectors of the business community and work with a range of sponsors. Meet the staff and directors and our Ambassadors.
This web site has been developed to be a powerful tool for anyone wanting to know about the area – whether they are businesses, residents, investors, visitors or the media – we hope you agree it has a comprehensive array of information – whatever your interest.
- To position Basingstoke as a business destination that can continue to successfully compete in a national and international market.
- To demonstrate what a great place Basingstoke and Deane is to live, work and visit through a range of projects and events.
As a small, not-for-profit company we don’t have huge marketing budgets so we prefer to demonstrate the assets of the area through actions, and we have an ambitious programme of projects, all funded through sponsorship and business support -we would be pleased to tell you more about, including:
- INSPIRE Business Awards – we organise and manage the biggest business awards in the south
- In 2011 we organised and ran (excuse the pun!) the first Basingstoke Half Marathon – which is attracted interest from all over the UK – it was so successful we are now in our sixth year, planning the 2016 event.
- We manage the annual ‘Place to be Proud of Awards’ – to celebrate the community’s contribution to the quality of life in this area.
If you have comments, suggestions or want to get involved in any of the projects above, contact us using the form opposite or call on 01256 461167
Destination Basingstoke Ltd.
The Innovation Centre
Suite 16, Norden House
A Company Limited by Guarantee in England No 4789569
VAT Registration No 823 5950 22